Texas Barbecue Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Texas Barbecue Loaded Baked Potato Salad is a creamy potato salad dressed up like a Texas style loaded baked potato topped with barbecue sauce similar to what you would find in one of our local Texas barbecue restaurants.
- 2 pounds potatoes cut into bite size cubes (I leave unpeeled)
- 3/4 cup sour cream increase or decrease amounts depended on how creamy you like it
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise increase or decrease amounts depended on how creamy you like it
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or chives divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided
Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are fork tender. Drain and let cool.
In a large bowl mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 the green onions, 1/2 the shredded cheese, and half the bacon.
Add in the cooled potatoes pieces and stir until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Drizzle with half the barbecue sauce.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese, bacon and green onions on top. Drizzle with the remaining barbecue sauce or serve the remaining sauce on the side.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 610mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 391IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 4mg