Broccoli Salad is a perfect cold summer salad when trying to beat the summer heat by chillin’ at a backyard barbecue, picnic, or potluck.
- 8 slices bacon cooked, drained, and chopped
- 2 heads broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup gouda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise (can use light mayonnaise or greek yogurt)
In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, cheese, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, and sliced red onion.
Make the Broccoli Salad Dressing by stirring together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and poppy seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all ingredients are covered in the dressing.
Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 739IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 1mg