Garlic Parmesan Orzo Primavera
This quick and easy Garlic Parmesan Orzo Primavera recipe includes garlic and parmesan, but also has asparagus, peas, carrots, red bell peppers, and of course, orzo pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 12-ounce bag Bird's Eye® Recipe Ready Primavera Blend frozen vegetables
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine could use additional broth instead
- 2-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (I use reduced sodium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large, deep heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Stir in the orzo and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes until the orzo is lightly browned.
Stir in the frozen vegetables and stir frequently for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Add the garlic and stir constantly for about 1 minute so it does not burn.
Pour in the white wine and stir for about a minute. Then pour in the chicken broth and stir.
Stir in the italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper. Let simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the orzo is soft.
Remove from heat and stir in freshly grated parmesan. Serve warm.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg