Baked BBQ Chicken
This easy Oven Baked BBQ Chicken makes a sweet, tangy, smoky, sticky barbecue chicken that is perfect for a summer party or dinner, or when it is too hot or cold to grill outside.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 12 chicken drumsticks (See note 1 below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce (Use your favorite)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a baking rack inside the baking sheet on top of the foil.
Season the chicken drumsticks (chicken legs) with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Place the seasoned chicken on the baking rack in the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
Brush barbecue sauce on all sides of each piece of chicken and cook for 10 minutes more.
Brush barbecue sauce on all sides of each piece of chicken again and cook for 15 more minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- You can use other cuts of chicken but you may have to adjust the cooking time. If you are using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, then you won't need to cook the chicken as long. However, if you have very large pieces of chicken then you may need to cook longer.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 455mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1.3mg