Mango Jalapeño Margarita
A sweet and spicy mango margarita that is bright, colorful, and flavorful with frozen mangos, mango juice, jalapenos, lime juice, and tequila.
- 1 Tablespoon Tajin Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups frozen mango, diced
- 4 ounces mango juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 - 4 ounces tequila (depending on how strong you like it)
- ½ - 3/4 one jalapeño (depending on desired spice level)
Spoon the tajin seasoning and salt onto a small plate. Stir until combined. Spread out the mixture evenly on the plate.
Use a wedge of lime to moisten the rim of each glass. Dip the rim of each glass in the tajin and salt on the plate. Set aside.
In a blender, add the mango, tequila, mango juice, lime juice, and jalapeño. Blend the mango mixture until smooth.
Once the glass is ready, pour the frozen mango margarita into each glass, and garnish each margarita with a slice of lime or jalapeño.
Chill Out. Chill the glasses before starting to make the margaritas.
Spice Level. If you don't like your margarita spicy, don't worry. With this margarita, you can adjust to your preferred spice level.
- First, you can leave out the jalapenos altogether if you don't want any spicy heat.
- Secondly, If some guests like spicy and some don't, make a non-spicy mango margarita with no jalapenos first, and then you can make a second batch with jalapenos.
- Thirdly, you can deseed the jalapenos to make it less spicy.
- Fourth, you can control the spice level by the number of jalapenos you add to the margarita. This recipe as written is lightly spicy with 1/2 to 3/4 of one jalapeno added.
- Lastly, If you want it really spicy, add an extra jalapeno or two or three! Fourth, if you want your margarita even spicier, you can use serrano peppers or habanero peppers instead of jalapenos.
- Pour the margarita mix through a fine mesh strainer to remove any jalapeno seeds or mango fibers.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 3377IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg