Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Pineapple Salsa, made with pineapple, peppers, red onions, and more, makes a sweet and refreshing salsa that makes a fun Mexican Appetizer and goes with tacos, salads, fish, and chicken!
Servings 6 (1/3 cup servings)
- 1 Pineapple
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 Mini Red Sweet Peppers (or red chili peppers, if want spicier)
- 3 Mini Orange Sweet Peppers (or habanero peppers, if want very spicy)
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Tajin Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Make The Pineapple Serving Bowl. Slice the top of the pineapple off. Remove the outside peel of the pineapple to get to the fruit inside by using a pineapple corer/slicer. If you don't have one, see the recipe tips below for other options.
Dice the Ingredients. Finely dice the pineapple, sweet peppers, and red onion and place in a medium bowl.
Add Seasoning. Add the tajin seasoning, salt, and lemon juice over the top and mix well.
Serve. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the fridge to serve later. Enjoy!
- Serve Fresh. This pineapple salsa is best served immediately but will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days if stored properly.
- Mini Sweet Peppers. Mini sweet peppers are small, but if you have bigger ones, you may need to reduce how many you add to the salsa.
- Control the Spice Level. If you want more spice, swap out a sweet pepper or two for fresh or pickled jalapenos instead. If you want really spicy salsa, add a habanero pepper or two.
- Perfect Pairing. Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips or over the top of chicken, seafood, tacos, etc.
- No Pineapple Corer / Slicer. If you don’t have a pineapple corer/slicer, you can simply cut off slices of the rhine until the yellow flesh of the fruit appears.
- Size of Pineapple. The size of pineapples will vary. I used a medium pineapple for this recipe.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 4214IU | Vitamin C: 228mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg