Instant Pot Beef And Broccoli Recipe
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli for the pressure cooker is easy, yummy, and makes the best beef and broccoli, better than Chinese take out or stir fry.
Beef And Broccoli Sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth (or beef bouillon and water)
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (can increase or decrease to change spice level)
Ingredients Added BEFORE Pressure Cooking
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1.5 lb chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 batch Beef And Broccoli Sauce
Pressure Cook Rice With The Beef (Optional)
- 1 cup white rice
- 1.25 cups water
Ingredients Added AFTER Pressure Cooking
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb broccoli (fresh or frozen)
Make The Beef And Broccoli Sauce
Prepare The Beef
Press the SAUTE button and select High. When the Instant Pot Display says “Hot”, then add oil and wait for the oil to get hot.
When the oil is hot, add the sliced beef, in a single layer, and brown it for a couple of minutes on one side. (You may have to cook the beef in batches.) Then add all the beef back in the Instant Pot, and then add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute, stirring frequently.
Add 1/4 cup water and scrape the bits of food off the bottom to deglaze the pot.
Add the beef and broccoli sauce that you made in step 1.
Prepare The Rice (Optional)
Pressure Cook The Beef
Press Cancel to cancel the Sauté function. Close the lid and move the pressure release valve to the SEALING position. Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK (Depending on model) and adjust the +/- button to set the time to 10 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.
Once it has finished pressure cooking for 10 minutes, then let it do a Natural Release for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
Once the pressure has been fully released and the pin has dropped, then open the lid and remove the trivet with the pan of rice. Fluff the rice with a fork and set aside.
Thicken The Sauce
Press CANCEL and then press SAUTE to heat the sauce.
To thicken the sauce, mix together in a small bowl 2 tablespoons each of cornstarch and water. Then pour into the Instant Pot and stir.
Add The Broccoli
Fresh Broccoli. While the Beef is pressure cooking, boil water on the stove and then when it is boiling add the fresh broccoli and blanch for 3 or 4 minutes and then remove. Set aside until the beef has finished pressure cooking. Once the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking and its pressure release, then open the lid and add the broccoli.
Frozen Broccoli. Place the frozen broccoli in a strainer and rinse it well. After the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking and its pressure release, open the lid and add the broccoli.
- Freeze the beef for about 30 minutes before slicing. This will make it easier to cut thin slices.
- Brown only a minute or two in the Instant Pot and no longer. The thinly sliced beef will cook very quickly and you don't want to overcook it.
- To keep the broccoli from turning into mush, instead of pressure cooking it, blanch it in boiling water on the stove while the rest of the ingredients are being pressure cooked.
- You can make it a one-pot meal by pressure-cooking the rice in a separate oven-safe pan within the Instant Pot. See directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post and just above the comments.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg