Strawberry Dump Cake
Strawberry Dump Cake is the easiest 3-ingredient dessert you will ever make. Just dump 3 ingredients into a baking dish for a strawberry dessert that is more like a cobbler than a cake.
- 2 (21-ounce) cans strawberry pie filling
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box cake mix (white, yellow, or vanilla cake mix)
- 8 tablespoons butter (1/2 cup or 1 stick)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
Pour the contents of the strawberry pie filling cans into a 9x13 baking dish.
Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the top of the pie filling. Make sure the cake mix topping has the same thickness throughout the pan.
Place the butter slices evenly over the top of the cake mix topping. Cover as much of the topping as possible with butter slices.
Bake in a preheated oven for 45 - 60 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the top is golden brown. When done, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Cake mix. You can use a white cake mix, yellow cake mix, or vanilla cake mix. Any of those will work well in this recipe.
- Filling. If you don't want to use canned strawberry pie filling, you combine 5 cups of sliced strawberries with a 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Butter. Use either salted or unsalted butter. Just be sure to cover as much of the topping as you can in order to avoid dry spots after baking.
- Serving. This Strawberry Dump Cake is excellent topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, or whipped topping like Cool Whip.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 2mg