Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are fast and easy, pressure cooked perfectly for a moist, fluffy, delicious sweet potato thatyou can serve them any time.
- 1 cup water
- 4 sweet potatoes (See note below)
Pour 1 cup of water in the inner liner pot of the Instant Pot.
Place the trivet with the "feet" down and the handles up in the Instant Pot.
Place the sweet potatoes on the trivet.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn to lock the lid. Move the Pressure release valve to the SEALING position.
Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button (depending on model) and then press the + or - buttons to adjust the time to the appropriate time. Make sure it is set to HIGH PRESSURE. (See note below.) Sweet potatoes with 2"-width, set to 15 minutes, 3" width set to 20 - 25 minutes, and 4" width set to 30 or 35 minutes.
- Water is REQUIRED. Pressure cooking requires water to cook the food. Do NOT leave out the water.
- Sweet Potatoes. Try to get sweet potatoes that are equal width and size. That way they will all finish cooking at the same time.
- The Pressure Cooking time will vary depending on the width of the sweet potatoes. Skinner sweet potatoes (2-inch width) cook faster, like in 15 minutes, but fatter sweet potatoes (4 inches) may take 35 minutes. If you have gigantic potatoes with a width of over 4 inches, it is possible that they could take longer to pressure cook. I recommend using potatoes with a 2 - 3 inch width in this recipe. See the infographic within the blog post for an easy reminder.
- Below are some recipes that pair well with these Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes.
- Roast Turkey - brined with an apple cider brine, this Roast Turkey makes an excellent holiday main course.
- Oven Roasted Chicken - whether for a Sunday supper or holiday dinner, this roast chicken will be a hit with the family.
- Crock Pot Chuck Roast - A delicious yet easy, set it and forget it Pot Roast that is a favorite main course.
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham - A delicious go-to Holiday main dish that is sweet, tender, and juicy, and super easy to make in the slow cooker.
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib - Perfect for a Christmas dinner or other special occasion. It pairs well with sweet potatoes.
- Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad - Serve as a salad or side dish with the sweet potatoes for a vegetarian meal.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 18443IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg