Spicy Orange Chicken
Spicy Orange Chicken is a delicious, quick and easy weeknight take-out, fake-out dish and is so delicious you won't want to order take-out again.
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast diced into 1 inch cubes
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots optional
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile pepper sauce like Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
Over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon grape seed oil. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Once oil is hot, add chicken to brown and cook through. Add the vegetables to pan for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the orange marmalade, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili pepper sauce, garlic, and ginger together and stir until combined. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
Serve over white rice and garnish with chopped green onions.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 2093IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg