Mediterranean Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad
Mediterranean Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad with chicken, bacon, roasted chickpeas, tomatoes, cranberries and feta cheese on a bed of baby spinach, is fresh and delicious.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach (washed and drained)
- 1/2 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey depending on how sweet you like it
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Rinse and drain chickpeas. Dry on a plate with paper towels. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread out the dried chickpeas evenly in one layer on the parchment paper. Drizzle oil over the chickpeas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning). Bake for about 40 minutes or until chickpeas are golden and crispy. Be sure not to let them burn.
In a large bowl mix together the baby spinach, shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, roasted chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, dried cranberries, and feta cheese.
For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, garlic powder, and honey.
Drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg