Korean BBQ Pepper Nachos #SundaySupper
Korean BBQ Pepper Nachos are an easy, flavorful and healthy appetizer perfect for the big game or any time.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak thinly sliced in small strips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bell peppers sliced in wide slices
- 1 dozen red orange, and yellow mini sweet peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Garnish with chopped red cabbage green onions, and water chestnuts
Sprinkle brown sugar evenly all over the strips of steak. Allow beef to sit for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, rice wine, and black pepper. Add beef to the soy sauce mixture and marinade for about 10 minutes.
In a skillet or wok over medium high heat, cook the steak for about 2-3 minutes until browned and no longer pink.
Place sliced halved mini bell peppers on a plate over cooked brown rice or quinoa.
Top the mini bell peppers with the cooked Korean BBQ steak.
Top with chopped red cabbage, green onions, and water chestnuts.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 987IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg