Slow Cooker Chicken Marrakesh
Slow Cooker Chicken Marrakesh is a delicious, healthy, easy, budget-friendly, one-dish meal.
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken breast pieces into a slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the chicken and vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7200IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg