Spicy Pesto Shrimp Primavera
Spicy Pesto Shrimp Primavera is a restaurant-inspired, mildly spicy, hugely flavorful Shrimp dish with red bell peppers, asparagus, and spinach with a Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto with Parmesan cheese.
Spicy Shrimp Primavera
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 red sweet bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup fresh cooked asparagus chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby Spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil. Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Add garlic to the skillet and cook for about one minute.
Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the oil. Squeeze the lemon over the shrimp. Allow the shrimp to cook until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, approximately 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove shrimp. Set aside.
Add the shallots and the red bell pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add fresh spinach and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Add the asparagus and stir.
Add the shrimp back. Pour the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto over the shrimp and vegetables. Toss to coat. Serve over rice or pasta.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 289mg | Sodium: 1076mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2300IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 3.9mg