Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos
Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos make a cheesy, creamy, spicy, and crunchy appetizer that is perfect for game day.
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 8 ounces small shrimp peeled, deveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10-ounce) can RO*TEL diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda Cheese
- 1 13-ounce bag thick corn tortilla chips
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes onions, or jalapeños
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add shrimp, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, for about 2 minutes until pink. Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add in drained RO*TEL diced tomatoes and chilies.
Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Cheddar, and Gouda.
Spread tortilla chips into a microwave-safe plate or bowl. Spoon the shrimp dip over the top of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Gouda cheese. Place in the microwave for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. (Microwaves times may vary.)
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 1113mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 704IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 504mg | Iron: 2mg