Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner
Make this quick and Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner for an easy delicious weeknight meal that is sure to become a family favorite.
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2-1/2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 package prepared taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 10-ounce can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 2 cups Mexican Blend cheese shredded (Cheddar / Monterrey Jack)
- 2 cups tortilla chips crushed
- Garnish with sour cream chopped avocado, cilantro, shredded lettuce, or green onions (optional)
Sprinkle cubed chicken with taco seasoning.
In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat add oil.
Add cubed chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until it is no longer pink.
Add chopped onion, green, and red bell peppers and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
Pour in the enchilada sauce and RO*TEL and stir until chicken is coated. Cook on low until it is heated through.
Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Top with crushed tortilla chips.
Garnish with with sour cream, chopped avocado, cilantro, shredded lettuce, or green onions, if desired.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 921mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1016IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 2mg