Thai Steak Salad #WeekdaySupper
Thai Steak Salad is incredibly flavorful with grilled sirloin steak on top of crisp salad greens, shredded carrots, red Thai chili peppers, and cilantro, and drizzled with a Thai Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.
- 1 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1 pound beef sirloin trimmed
- 1/2 small head red cabbage shredded
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves optional
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts optional
- 3 Red Thai Chili Peppers chopped (optional)
Thai Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat grill or skillet over medium-high heat. While the pan is heating, rub black pepper into beef sirloin. Place sirloin on grill or in skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes, turn and sear about 3 minutes on other side. Remove sirloin to platter and let rest.
While beef is resting, in large mixing bowl combine salad greens, cabbage, radishes, cilantro, peanuts and hot peppers.
Slice sirloin thin across the grain and place on top of salad.
In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the vinaigrette. Pour or drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1240mg | Potassium: 1154mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4171IU | Vitamin C: 98mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 5mg