Muffuletta Olive Salad
Muffuletta Olive Salad is similar to the olive tapenade on a New Orleans style muffuletta sandwich. It uses Spanish Olives, Kalamata Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers and Giardiniera with cauliflower, carrots, celery, and onions, and could be used as a dip or bruschetta or in a salad or sandwich.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 3 days
Total Time 3 days 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 Cups Mezzetta Spanish Green Olives chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mezzetta Pitted Kalamata Olives chopped
- 1 Cup Mezzetta Giardiniera chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers chopped
- 3 each Fresh Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground pepper To Taste salt may not be necessary
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Pour Olive Oil over the mixture and stir.
Transfer into a bowl or jar, cover and let the flavors develop for about a week.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg