Asian Lettuce Wraps with Mango Habanero Salsa
These Asian Lettuce Wraps with Mango Habanero Salsa are a vegetarian version of the Lettuce Wraps served at a popular Asian restaurant chain but with a tropical twist.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 16 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red sweet pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 dash Sriracha sauce or to taste (optional)
- 1 12-ounce package Yves Veggie Cuisine® Veggie Ground soy crumbles
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 recipe Mango Habanero Salsa
Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and the red and green bell peppers and carrots to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened. Stir in the hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha in with the vegetables. Add in the Yves Veggie Cuisine® Veggie Ground Soy Crumbles and stir until heated through. Add water chestnuts, green onions, and stir until the green onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter and spoon the soy crumble mixture into the center of each lettuce leaf. Top each Asian Lettuce Wrap with Mango Habanero Salsa. Enjoy!
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3874IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg